ROTARY ENCODER FOR MAX/MSP/PROCESSING/OPENFRAMEWORKS/ARDUINO/Unity3D PROJECTS ETC.
For an upcoming project i was searching an easy/fancy/smart solutions to attach industrial rotation encoders (relative & absolute/incremental/optical e.g.Kübler 5.2400
) as simple as possible to osx (linux/pc) & process them in max/msp/processing.
Procedural steps going through arduino
, we're nice but not the best solution for us.
So what to do?
Design your own PCB with the super fine visual Fritzing Editor
and let it produce :), based on André Bernhardt's prototype.
- Small & Handy Standalone PCB for up to 3 industrial absolute encoders (5-24V) like 5.2400.xxx
- USB-B Plug (Encoders get powered through this, no second external device needed!)
- DIN-5 Plugs
- MAX/MSP PlugIn Available in Beta 0.2 !
- Native OSX-Library, so you can use it in processing/flash/flex/openframeworks or whatever you like to develop in (Libraries for PC/LINUX available on request)
- You can buy it soldered or as a set soon! In URGENT cases write us! or call +491727348084
And here are some shots of a soldered one with one encoder slot.